John F. Byrne Golf Club is one of the most respected courses in Philadelphia. Purchased by the City in the early 1960's, it was renamed after famous Philadelphia councilman, John F. Byrne. Since November 1st, 2019, First Tee of Greater Philadelphia has operated the facility and many improvements have been made.
The Alexendar Findlay layout has been rejuvenated since First Tee of Greater Philadelphia took over. Since 2019, the golf course has seen many updates. starting with implementing an irrigation system, tree maintenance, cart paths, and the renovation of our clubhouse.
The layout is highlighted by the Byberry Creek which winds its way through the course coming into play on ten holes. In addition to the water, this picturesque golf course features oversized bunkers that are strategically placed to protect the average-sized greens.
Golf Club Rules
- Proper Golf Attire Required
- All players must have their own set of clubs (Rentals Available)
- All Play starts on Hole 1, unless authorized by Golf Staff
- All alcoholic beverages must be purchased at John F. Byrne Golf Club
- Players must be 18 years old with valid driver's license to rent golf carts